Aarogya Foundation was established in 2010 to practice a commitment and “dedication to the service of people in need”, especially for the patients with kidney related problems.
As we all have certain ideas about kidney failure and its major consequences. Her sentiment towards kidney patients rose rigorously after she lost her precious mother to kidney failure in 2006 which could have been avoided if a proper kidney treatment facility had been available in Nepal. Ani Choying Drolma had a dream of developing a center in Nepal where kidney illness could be treated, and untimely death might be avoided, hence with help, support and dedication of many kind hearted individuals, the Aarogya Foundation was established and registered as a non-profit organization. Aarogya Foundation is working really very hard to improve transplant practice and facilities in Nepal. We have already moved forward toward our mission and have also achieved remarkable results but we still have a long way to go. Currently Aarogya Foundation is constantly operating in Pulchowk of Lalitpur, Nepal. Further, our goal is to build a permanent place for our hospital with dedicated and updated transplant facilities.
Objectives of Aarogya Foundation as per MOA
- After qualifying all the mandatory government procedures, establish and operate a fully equipped laboratory for mandatory research to provide HLA type and Cross path Service.
- After qualifying all the mandatory government procedures, establish and operate an organ transplant hospital.
- To provide preventive, curative and promotive services in the health sector of Nepal.
- Develop strategies emphasizing poverty alleviation and needs of public health and organize fruitful programs to provide special aid to differently abled groups.
- Organize a campaign to raise awareness about organ transplant and organ donation.
- To make survivors of organ transplant self-reliant to create positive transformation in their lifestyle, society and nation as a whole by providing skillful training in earning work and help to avail loans if necessary.
- To provide health services, research, training and consultancy services to health related organizations.
- Operation Theatre
- Drug Level measuring facility (Tacrolimus)
- General Pathology lab
- On 13th of June 2014 Aarogya Foudation brought the first HLA Lab in Nepal. Both government and private sector were not interested in purchasing this machine because it doesn’t earn any profits but people in Nepal were facing extreme difficulty due to lack of this facility.
- We were able to convince the government to offer free dialysis service for kidney patients in Nepal.
- Currently Aarogya Foundation is running successfully with 22 staff in a rented place at Kathmandu.
- Have organized health camps in different parts of Nepal.
- Aarogya Foundation, Lalitpur and Human Organ Transplant Center, Bhaktapur jointly organize Transplant Games every year on the 1st day of Nepali New Year and the winner is sent to World Transplant Game.
- Each year Aarogya foundation organizes awareness campaigns, medical camps, Brain dead workshops, Organ Donation Programme, and etc.
- To organize programs which will be suitable for strict adherence of the objectives of organization.